Today I have an easy side dish that I’ve wanted to recreate since I saw it couple of months ago in Happily unprocessed… parmesan garlic noodles.
This recipe is beyond easy! These parmesan garlic noodles are possibly the easiest noodles I’ve ever made (and I always try to make very very very easy noodles).
I used somen noodles this time, which are very thin, white and made of wheat flour (these noodles are usually served cold, but since i had them at home, i decided to give them a try to create this dish). They only take 3 minutes to cook, which is great to make everything even faster! You only need a few ingredients and it’ll be ready in under 15 minutes. It’d be a crime to not be eating this everyday!
I must warn you: this recipe is SUPER garlicky! Is you are not a big fan of garlic as i am, i would recommen to use maybe 3 cloves instead of 5.
- 200gr Somen Noodles
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat and add the garlic, stirrying for 1 minute and season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil turning up the heat.
- Add the noodles and cook according to directions.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan and parsley and stir until combined.